Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Study Abroad? | SB Bloggers - Admissions! - Stony Brook University



For the past year, I’ve really wanted to study abroad. But I waited much too long to actually do it. Being an engineering major, I have to take my major courses in a pretty strict sequence, and if I were to go abroad for a semester, I would end up blocking myself out of one or more classes because I’d have missed out on a prerequisite. Only recently did I realize that I could have, and should have, done a winter or summer study abroad program during my first two years here. I think it would have been a really good option to get that outside world exposure and different experience, but I didn’t know about the possibility of winter and summer programs like that.


Why do I think it’s too late for me to do one now? Because now I have to start focusing on getting an internship for this summer, look into grad schools over the next winter break, and the laundry list goes on as I’ll get closer to graduation next year.


Study Abroad programs are great because they let you experience other parts of the world, new cultures, and new educational practices. You also get to make new friends from around the world! My best friend is almost half way across the world in Jordan right now. I read the blogs she writes, and I can’t believe how amazing her travels have been so far.


So take this from me, don’t miss out on study abroad! Find out all the information as a freshman and figure out how to get it to fit into your busy class schedule!


Here’s the link to the Stony Brook Study Abroad Program Website: http://www.stonybrook.edu/studyabroad/


-Pratha





Source:


http://admissions.cc.stonybrook.edu/Blogger1/wordpress/?p=3363






The News from http://classy-kelly.blogspot.com